An intelligent system for improved efficiency and effectiveness of the customs control of passenger baggage from international flight arrivals.
With the substantial growth of the volume of air travellers and limited human resources available, the border and customs authorities at inland border airports see the need for new tools, which will increase the effectiveness and efficiency of baggage customs controls without the need to increase the total number of human recourses involved in the process.
BAG-INTEL is a Horizon Europe project established to address this challenge. Over the course of the project, our international consortium will bring together all their expertise to develop robust AI-based information utilisation and decision-making support tools that will help the border and customs authorities at inland border airports in performing their duties.
BAG-INTEL in numbers
- AI-powered functionality for enhanced detection of contraband in x-ray scanning of luggage
- AI-camera-based end-to-end reidentification of luggage
- Digital twin for system visualisation and performance optimisation
- Use cases for tests, demonstrations, and evaluations at three European airports
- Easy-to-use training material for end users